Thursday, April 21, 2011

Changing your name


I think the majority of my friends who have gotten married have kept their last names or combined it with their husband's name.  A few who changed them wished they hadn't. (I do live in CA so maybe things are more liberal out here.)  I'm going to keep my last name, since it preserves some of my ethnicity and a host of other reasons like I have a company in my name, I'm an illustrator...  It's interesting for those who have a different ethnicity as their spouse.  I have a friend who had an ethnic first and last name, so changing her last name to her spouse's was no big deal, whereas my Asian doctor friend who didn't want to surprise her patients, kept her last name.  I have friends who picked a totally new last name too!  I love the various options.

No comments:

Post a Comment